This full-time post is available on a fixed term basis from 18th October 2021 until 31st March 2023.
This role offers the opportunity for blended working with the expectation that the role holder would come into the office/on campus at least one day per week.
Summary of the role
The University of Exeter’s (UoE) Translational Funding Portfolio (TFP) is a dynamic and expanding range of funding sources used to maximise the economic and social impacts that arise from university research. We invite applications from highly motivated professionals keen to join our team to administrate and manage the successful delivery of these funds. This is a varied and rewarding role, working with academics from all colleges of the university, and collaborating with partners from other institutions and industry in order to achieve impact.
Key responsibilities include:
- Full responsibility for the efficient, timely and accurate administration of the TFP including maintenance of large and complex data sets and filing systems
- Working with the TFP manager to ensure that the TFP and all associated activities are run in accordance with funder terms and conditions, UoE requirements, and financial regulations
- Administration of multiple termly internal competitive funding calls including assisting with proposal development and review
- Set up and administration of all funded projects, providing project management support as and when required
- Administration and successful delivery of training sessions, workshops and networking events
- Budget management - to include monitoring of all funded project budgets and assisting the TFP manager with the preparation and management of the overall TFP budgets.
- Assisting the TFP manager with preparation of internal and external reporting
- Assisting the TFP manager with preparation of bids for funding
- Assisting the TFP manager to monitor the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion performance of the TFP
Please ensure you read the Job Description and Person Specification available on our website.
The University of Exeter
We are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities and in the top 150 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019). We combine world-class teaching with world-class research, achieving a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework Award 2017.
Our research income in recent years means we’re the fastest growing UK Research University with some of the world’s most influential scientists, and we seek to answer some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today through this. 98% of our research is of international quality (2014 Research Excellence Framework). We encourage proactive engagement with industry, business and community partners to enhance the impact of research and education and improve the employability of our students. Exeter is one of only a few UK cities to have been designated as a UNESCO Creative City. In 2019, Devon was voted as having the best quality of life of anywhere in England and Wales, making it a popular choice for both work and study.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity at Exeter
With over 27,000 students and 6,400 staff from 180 different countries we offer a diverse and engaging environment in which to work. We are an equal opportunity employer, a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Since 2019, the university has also signed an Armed Forces Covenant, demonstrating the University’s commitment to supporting the Armed Forces community. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
We offer some fantastic benefits including:
- 41 days leave per year
- options for flexible working
- numerous discounts at leading retailers
- onsite gyms on all of our campus’ and a cycle to work scheme
- sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to six weeks full pay) and a new Fertility Treatment Policy
- stunning campus environments in Exeter and Cornwall, in the beautiful South West of England
Please contact Laura Loveday - firstname.lastname@example.org or 07896 097 883