Director, Commercialisation – Physical Sciences
- Internationally recognised technology transfer
- Drive the commercialisation of leading research
- Work with a high performing team
Operating as key part of The University of Queensland’s (UQ) commercial operations, UniQuest is internationally recognised in its field. Capitalising on groundbreaking research and development, the UniQuest team continues to build commercial relationships between industry and the University. With an enviable track record including Triple P Programs, Gardasil Vaccine and Image Correction Technology, UniQuest has already built up a strong reputation and network with relevant industry stakeholders. As part of an ongoing strategy to further enhance commercial opportunities from the university’s intellectual property (IP), UniQuest is looking for an experienced (7 years +) commercial specialist to join its business.
A Director, Commercialisation is the key link between the university’s world-renowned research staff and industry and investment organisations looking for commercial opportunities. Given the specialist nature of the work at the university, each Director, Commercialisation is given control of a portfolio of researchers, based on their specialisation. Currently, UniQuest is seeking someone to join its Physical Sciences team.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Developing strong effective relationships with UQ researchers to identify potential opportunities to commercialise IP;
- Formulating commercial proposals to drive improved commercial outcomes;
- Attracting and networking with potential key investors and industry stakeholders;
- Structuring, negotiating and closing commercial arrangements to maximise value for the organization;
- Managing and maintaining a portfolio of qualified projects;
- Ensuring greater understanding of commercial process amongst the UQ research community.
To be considered for this challenging role, you will preferably have a demonstrated understanding of university research management and university funding systems, as well as proven ability to build relationships across a large research community.
You have considerable experience in technology and IP commercialisation (ideally ICT, Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine learning, cyber security, electrical engineering or robotics), with demonstrated ability to drive commercial activity in this environment and deliver outcomes. Effective as a relationship builder, with a collaborative approach to operating in a high performing culture, you have sound knowledge or a strong appreciation of the university environment. Tertiary qualifications in a field aligned to the study of Physical Sciences is essential. We would welcome applications from suitably qualified overseas candidates.