Permanent: Ref: 182
Oxford University Innovation Ltd (OUI) is the highly successful technology transfer company owned by the University of Oxford, commercialising the research generated by the University. Working with over four thousand of the world’s brightest minds, OUI helps translate their ideas and expertise into projects that make a tangible difference to businesses and governments through technology licensing and the formation of spin-out companies.
The high profile and successful Clinical Outcomes team supports the health outcomes measurement needs of national programs, publicly-funded healthcare (NHS and Centres for Medicare/Medicaid, for example), as well as medical device companies and the pharmaceutical sector. Our products and services provide the tools by which these organisations can measure the efficacy of their interventions.
The team is growing rapidly (achieving >35% growth for the previous 3 years) and now has an exciting opportunity for a Developer Relations Manager to play a pivotal role by focusing on growing the portfolio of high-quality Clinical Outcomes Assessments (COAs) that we manage. There will be a progressive training programme for the successful candidate, particularly where there may be limited commercial and/or contractual experience.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Managing all aspects of the acquisition of new, high-quality COAs into the existing portfolio, engaging with developers/authors/researchers/owners of COAs.
- Ensuring that are COAs are accurately described and working effectively with our researchers/developers to ensure the COAs they have authored are represented by the team.
- Reviewing and assessing the quality of COAs we may look to acquire.
- Managing the negotiation and administration of contracts with the developers/owners and then coordinating the integration of the COA into our existing portfolio.
- Developing marketing activity with colleagues to raise awareness of our COA management and support services.
- Engaging with and growing awareness of the latest sector good practices on COA management and user support, including translation and linguistic validation and eCOA migration good practices.
- Building a network of reliable, high-quality relationships to further raise awareness of our COA management services.
- Contributing to the promotion of the development or application of the portfolio of COA instruments.
The ideal candidate must have a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject or experience in the development and/or application of COAs. Although commercial and contractual experience is not a pre-requisite for this role, academic rigour is essential.
The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate proven competence in:
- A level of knowledge in the development, assessment and application of COAs.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Working effectively within a close-knit team, be able to work autonomously, and manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
How to apply: If you are interested in applying for this role, please download the application form from our website (www.innovation.ox.ac.uk) and send together with a copy of your CV and covering letter to Sarah Barton at email@example.com
Salary for this role is commensurate with experience and will be up to £35,000 pa and part of a competitive package of benefits.
The closing date is midday on Friday, 1st October 2021.
Oxford University is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and is empowered to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
We are accredited with the Investors in People Silver status.