Contract Relationship Manager (Life Sciences Commercialisation)
Please note internally this is called "Partnership Manager"
Stratford - this role is classed as highly flexible, meaning you are able to work from home up to 3-4 days per week.
Salary range: £30-37k dependent on experience
Cancer Research UK’s Commercial Partnerships team, a component of the Research and Innovation division, develops promising ideas into successful cancer therapeutics, vaccines, diagnostics and enabling technologies. We are dedicated to advancing discoveries to beat cancer by developing and commercialising exciting new discoveries in cancer research. Our deep understanding of both academia and industry enables us to translate promising research into commercial propositions to deliver patient benefit and commercial value that will support further cancer research.
Reporting to Senior Solicitor, the Partnership Manager will have responsibility for oversight of Commercial Partnerships’ (CP) portfolio of partnered research and innovation projects (typically licences) and spin outs. You will work closely with CP’s Business Development & Transactions, Finance, and other functional teams where required. The role involves directly managing your own portfolio and building and maintaining fruitful relationships with our third-party partners. You will play an important role in enabling the effective collation and dissemination of the extensive set of associated partnered portfolio data, and in doing so help to demonstrate CRUK impact and patient benefit.
Who we're looking for:
You will ideally have working knowledge of the scientific research and innovation environment and an understanding of partnership deals involving commercialisation of intellectual property.
This role requires someone with a good understanding of relationship/account management and data analysis. You may have done a similar role to this elsewhere or you may have transferable skills. You'll need strong data management and excel skills.
Experience with PowerBI or other data analytics platforms is desirable (not essential).
Some of the things you'll be doing:
- Managing your portfolio of post-signature projects (licences and spin outs)
- Identifying stalled projects and managing the effective negotiation of hand-back of intellectual property and other rights where necessary – supported by the Business Development & Transactions team if required
- Handling required contractual work associated with maintenance of partnered deal projects / spin outs – with support from colleagues in the Business Development & Transactions and Legal teams
- Monitoring and managing patent prosecution associated with partnered projects / spin outs – with support from other functional teams where required
- Forecasting income (milestones, royalties etc.) for your own portfolio of projects with third parties critical to CRUK’s financial forecasting
- Maintaining data integrity and quality of Partnerships data on Inteum and PowerBI
- Collate data and update Partnership presentation decks for upwards reporting obligations e.g. Board reports due for Clinical Pipeline and spin outs
- Strategic planning in relation to optimisation of the Partnerships function e.g. operations, processes, team interfaces
- Ensure the Partnerships function achieves its annual objectives e.g. in relation to level of outstanding bad debt, licensee and deal partner reporting, partner engagement
Application process: we encourage candidates to complete the application questionnaire, including their relevant skills, experience and motivation. We are unable to view your CV or cover letter until you have been invited to interview as we are operating anonymous applications.
There is no closing date for this role. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply and we are prepared to make an offer as soon as an appointable candidate is found. Please do not delay your application to avoid disappointment.
You can view the candidate pack which includes more information about the role, CRUK and benefits here.