Ploughshare, the organisation responsible for optimising and taking forward ground-breaking innovation developed by the UK Ministry of Defence, Dstl, AWE and wider government, has ambitious growth plans that need the support of experienced Commercialisation Product Managers with backgrounds in the following: physics, mechanical engineering, electronics, software, data sciences, sensors or defence and security.
The work will include the full range of activities associated with the exploitation of scientific research and development. Including:
- Assisting with the identification and management of technology portfolios from our Intellectual Property source organisations.
- Participation in commercialisation management reviews of opportunities, during which collaborative decisions will be taken as to whether to commercialise each opportunity.
- Developing potential applications for our technology.
- Undertaking market research to establish addressable market sizes by geography, by sector, problem and opportunity areas, by desk-based research and interactions with key industrial contacts.
- Crafting and documenting value propositions, licencing strategies, spin-out business plans.
- Brokering licensing deals or spin-out opportunities, guided by our commercialisation team.
- Participating in the formation of spin-outs and the post-deal management of licences.
Ploughshare also offers a flexible and modern working environment, engaging work and the chance to create a real difference in a cutting-edge business that is committed to being truly ground-breaking, exciting, agile and inclusive.
Ploughshare also recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion as people from a diverse group of backgrounds bring fresh ideas. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment in which each employee fulfils their potential and maximises their contribution. We welcome applications from a wide range of people and ask that you are able to gain security clearance at SC level to fulfil our security requirements.
If interested in a confidential conversation, please email our retained advisors at The McLean Partnership: Rebecca Jones on 07717 757158 or Jonathan Swain on 07733 304094. To apply please submit your CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org