As a new role in the directorate, you will proactively identify, assess and evaluate new commercialisation opportunities emerging from the research undertaken in the Faculty of Science in line with stages 1-4 of our commercialisation Stage Gate process: https://www.york.ac.uk/staff/research/commercialising-research/commercia.... Successful opportunities will then be passed to Commercialisation Managers within the team to develop either licence or new spin-out company opportunities. The right candidate may be asked to support some of this activity in line with work demand and personal development requirements.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications needed
- You will be educated to degree level or equivalent, or have equivalent experience. Ideally these qualifications and/or experience will have been gained in a science discipline.
- You will have an understanding of commercialisation processes and the development of ideas into products and services.
- Knowledge of how intellectual property is protected and managed.
- Have an ability to identify, negotiate and nurture new opportunities.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience of managing complex projects; building strong relationships with business support networks; effective client management and relationship building.
- You will have outstanding verbal and written communication skills; be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders; and be able to formally present to business audiences at network meetings and events.
- Have good time management and organisational skills: be able to define priorities and work flexibly and effectively under pressure to meet demanding (and sometimes conflicting) deadlines, within set time / financial constraints.
Interview date: 10th November 2021
For informal enquiries: please contact James Kitson via email@example.com