- Join Australia’s leading technology transfer company
- Build on your experience in the therapeutics or biopharma industry
- Drive the translation of quality intellectual property into global impact
Are you UniQuest’s next dealmaker?
- Are you excited by discovery and early stage technologies?
- Do you have a passion for doing deals that solve industry problems?
- Are you looking to thrive in a collaborative, supportive team environment?
UniQuest is Australia’s leading technology transfer company, commercialising the intellectual property of The University of Queensland. Our track record includes the licensing of Australia’s blockbuster vaccine Gardasil®, and start-up Spinifex Pharmaceuticals - the subject of Australia’s largest ever biotechnology acquisition and the most successful venture capital exit in Australian history.
Join UniQuest as a Commercialisation Director in the Life Sciences team, and you will:
- Capture and communicate ideas and explore opportunities with world-renowned researchers from a university ranked in the world’s top 50;
- Manage a strong pipeline of projects to generate deal flow for UniQuest to meet its strategic objectives; and
- Identify and champion new technologies with the potential to create commercially valuable intellectual property;
- Lead business development activities and pitch to global biopharma companies and venture capital firms;
- Negotiate legal contracts within a supported and proven framework;
- Learn and benefit from your industry-experienced colleagues.
You will build relationships with researchers and commercialise intellectual property from a wide range of UQ’s faculties, institutes and schools, including the Faculty of Medicine, Diamantina Institute, Centre for Clinical Research, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, Queensland Brain Institute and the Faculty of Science.
You will have the opportunity to champion the translation of UQ’s intellectual property through the Queensland Emory Drug Discovery Initiative (QEDDI) and drive the deal for that drug discovery program. QEDDI is a world-class small molecule drug discovery and development facility, a subsidiary of UniQuest and the only one of its kind in an Australia university.
For a copy of the Position Description please visit our website https://uniquest.com.au/commercialisation-director-life-sciences/
Please send your CV and deal sheet (no more than 4 pages combined) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close COB Friday 9 October 2020
UniQuest is Australia’s leading technology transfer company, managing the intellectual property of The University of Queensland (UQ). We commercialise UQ research to create change and deliver solutions for a better world. Our innovation portfolio includes the HPV vaccine Gardasil®, the Triple P – Positive Parenting Program and superconductor technology used in most of the world's MRI machines. Since 2002, UniQuest and its 100+ start-up companies have raised more than A$766 million to take university technologies to market, seeing more than $38 billion in global sales of products based on protected UQ technology.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading teaching and research universities and ranks among the world’s top universities according to several key independent rankings. More than 53,600 current students study at UQ, which has won more national teaching awards than any other Australian university. UQ’s research has global impact, delivered by an interdisciplinary community of more than 1500 researchers across our six faculties, eight globally recognised research institutes and 100+ research centres.