SLaM’s Commercial team invites applications from highly professional and motivated individuals to apply for the role of Commercial Development Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join the Commercial team, supporting the provision of professional project and business management, facilitating effective and efficient internal operations and customer services.
The Commercial Development Manager will be responsible for enhancing commercial income streams. The role provides technical support to the Commercial Directorate in terms of commercial contract management, intellectual property management, commercialisation of scientific, clinical and educational products and providing financial modelling skills alongside project management. The post holder will work alongside operational managers, clinicians, industry and other key stakeholders to enhance the South London and Maudsley commercial service.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual; the post holder will deliver a varied portfolio of work, operating flexibly to providing technical resource to the wider team addressing issues as they arise.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Learn quickly to understand context and get to the heart of key issues
- Move comfortably and skilfully between unrelated tasks and projects
- Take ownership of new projects or issues from scratch, setting key milestones and objectives and leading execution
- Work independently with minimal guidance or supervision
- Provide expert technical commercial advice (IP and financial modelling) to the commercial team and wider Trust
This role offers the opportunity to play a key role in the Trust’s Changing Lives strategy whereby the commercial team are driving commercial developments and ventures to deliver value to the people and communities we serve.
For further details on this job, please refer to the JD attached. Please note that you must pay careful attention to the essentials and desirables of the job specification role when preparing your supporting statement.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Associate Director Commercial