Business Engagement Manager
NHS AfC: Band 7
- Main area
- Medical Sciences, Industry Engagement, Academic Liaison
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Fixed term: 21 months (Maximum term is to November 30th 2022)
- Part time: 30 hours per week (Flexible home and office working)
- Job ref
- Boundary Brook House
- £38,890 - £44,503 per annum pro rata
- Salary period
- 07/03/2021 23:59
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research.
The Trust comprises four hospitals - the John Radcliffe Hospital, Churchill Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Headington and the Horton General Hospital in Banbury.
Our values, standards and behaviours define the quality of clinical care we offer and the professional relationships we make with our patients, colleagues and the wider community. We call this Delivering Compassionate Excellence and its focus is on our values of compassion, respect, learning, delivery, improvement and excellence. These values put patients at the heart of what we do and underpin the quality healthcare we would like for ourselves or a member of our family. Watch how we set out to deliver compassionate excellence via the OUH YouTube channel.
Many of our recruitment programmes use Value Based Interviewing to identify those who have the skills we seek, who share our values and who are able to deliver compassionate excellence from the outset. We know that this makes a significant difference to your job satisfaction and above all the outcomes and experience of our patients and their families.
For more information about our Values and Value Based Interviewing please visit www.ouh.nhs.uk/about/vision-and-values
Industry Engagement Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Oxford University Medical Sciences Business Partnering (BP) Team. The BP team comprises a mixture of NHS and University funded posts working together to further the translation of medical research in Oxford through the creation and management of industry partnerships. The role supports the activities of the NIHR Oxford Biomedical Research Centre (BRC), which is a translational research partnership between Oxford University and the NHS with a focus on delivering benefits to patients. Research partnerships with industry are key to developing the new products and services that will achieve this.
The Industry Engagement Manager will be responsible for building new links with industry and developing new research and development offerings targeted at specific industry sectors.
This position would be suited to someone with a scientific and/or industrial research background looking to move into the field of industry-academia engagement.
Activities will include:-
- Development and promotion of new industry research/development offerings that match the existing infrastructure and capabilities within the medical sciences in Oxford
- Creation and organisation of industry engagement events
- Engaging with the University Medical Sciences and NHS research and development faculty
- Attending various networking events in the UK and possibly abroad
- Some desk based research to build information and rationale for new initiatives
- Working with partner organisations in the Oxford ecosystem
- Acting as a project liaison for industry relationships and alliances. This may include some project management as projects mature from business development led to full blown research and development collaborations
- Identifying resource constraints for industry engagement initiatives and/or industry research offerings and working with the teams in the university and NHS to secure funding and in-kind resources where appropriate
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in medical or life sciences
- PhD in Medical/Life sciences desirable but not essential
- Experience working in the research or development environment
- Good team working
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-stakeholder relationships
Remuneration NHS band 7
Up to 21 Month fixed term contract with possibility of extension
Full-time position, or part-time considered 3 or 4 days a week.
Closing date: 7th March 2021