LifeArc is a charity that drives translation of medical innovation through its own research activities, and through working with partners in pharma, biotech, charities, universities, venture capital, and other organisations who aspire to improving outcomes for patients. The charity is undergoing a transformative change following the $1.3bn monetisation of a royalty interest from LifeArc’s historical activities. These resources have given LifeArc a significant opportunity to enhance its activities advancing promising science into new health interventions.
LifeArc’s new strategy is underpinned by broad business development activities and will require identifying, negotiating, and managing multiple key strategic partnerships across our charity’s activities. We are building our networks in new areas and seeking more ways to maximise our impact on big healthcare problems through business development. Further development of our reach and impact is now needed and, as part of that, we are seeking a Business Development Manager to join our team and be part of our new journey.
• Represents LifeArc externally to attract and seek out collaborators and partners to advance LifeArc’s strategy. The BDM will develop networks within key organizations and develop relationships to enable clear understanding of landscapes of interest, and to assess potential relationship opportunities
• Leads deal related projects within LifeArc, business partnering with scientific and corporate functions, to explore and build business cases of opportunities to in and out license, collaborate, co-fund, or use other mechanisms to advance scientific innovation towards benefit for patients
• Leads negotiation of term sheets for prioritized opportunities and, with Legal, negotiates contracts according to LifeArc needs and requirements, managing all stakeholders and governance processes as appropriate
• Provides business development input into internal projects and initiatives, bringing external insight and driving evaluation of new opportunities and key decisions in support of strategy
• Use and/or develop best practise guidelines and standards, using and promoting a learning mindset across the BD team and the LifeArc organization to allow business development to drive organizational success
• Experience working in scientific R&D healthcare organization – commercial, academic or not for profit
• Experience leading negotiations and contracting
• Experience communicating verbally and in writing to drive senior level decision making
• Experience representing organization externally, networking and building relationships in support of strategic goals
• Scientific degree (essential)
• Advanced degree in science or business (desirable)
Your salary will be determined by qualifications and experience. In addition, LifeArc offers a defined contribution pension scheme, private health insurance, a flexible benefits scheme and 31 days paid holiday per year.
LifeArc is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities and to encouraging the establishment of a diverse workforce. It is our policy to employ individuals on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed and their potential for development, regardless of age, sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, or belief. This includes creating a culture that fully reflects our commitment to equal opportunities for all.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter explaining why you want to work for LifeArc to: Marta Miadowicz - email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 17th September 2021