Business Development Associate (Data & AI)
Location: Stratford. We consider this role highly flexible, meaning the role requires someone in the office 1-2 days per week on average.
CRUKs Commercial Partnerships group (CP) is dedicated to the development and commercialisation of innovative research. The team accelerates the translation of new ideas into treatments by bringing together the expertise, capabilities, and resources of CRUK and its academic network with that of industry partners.
The Business Development & Transactions (BDT) team provides CP’s primary interface with industry and investors. The team is responsible for marketing CRUK’s technologies and capabilities to industry and partnering through a broad range of commercialisation routes. These include licensing and collaboration agreements, spin-out formation, and the establishment of innovative industry alliance partnerships. In the last year, CRUK has launched a new Research Data Strategy to increase the impact of cancer data generated in CRUK’s network. A key component of that is facilitating data partnerships with commercial organisations and the BDT team is tasked with enabling these partnerships.
As a Business Development Associate (BDA) focussed on Data and AI working within the CP team, you’ll join the translation interface between scientific innovation and industry and play a key supporting role in facilitating our novel data and AI partnerships. You will be expected to carry out business development activities relevant to CP’s broad commercialisation objectives, working closely with colleagues within CP’s Opportunity Sourcing & Translation team to proactively promote CP/CRUK and our technologies and datasets to biotech, pharma and tech partners and investors, drive partnering through a broad range of commercialisation routes, support complex negotiations and make considered contributions to CP’s business strategy and operations. In addition to these data and AI focussed opportunities, as a BDA you will be expected to support activity across CP’s therapeutic and non-therapeutic portfolio.
As a Business Development Associate you will:
- Support the evaluation of opportunities with commercial potential through analysis of technology application areas, market size, competition and market need with a particular focus on data and AI opportunities and help with the negotiation of relevant agreements;
- Support marketing and commercialisation activities for data and AI projects in the portfolio and other areas within Commercial Partnerships;
- Proactively and competently promote CRT and its activities and technologies to external parties through a variety of channels including visits, presentations, marketing events and participation at meetings and conferences;
Help to drive forward a new data-focussed agenda within CP and the wider charity.
Who we're looking for:
- Minimum BSc (or equivalent work & industry experience) in a Life Science discipline;
- Strong interest in, and good understanding of the steps required to translate scientific innovation into commercial products
- Broad knowledge and awareness of drug/technology discovery and development (preferably within the oncology sector);
- Ability to grasp and report varied technical concepts quickly, and design, develop and critique sound business strategies based on scientific, commercial and financial analysis.
- If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
You can find out more about the role by viewing the candidate pack and submit your application by clicking apply now.
Application process: Closing date 27th June 2021. We encourage candidates to not delay their application as we retain the right to close the advert early should the volume of applications become excessive. We do not require a cover letter but candidates are encouraged to outline their suitability for the role by highlighting their relevant skills and experience in the application questionnaire.