Are you curious about the activities of KU Leuven’s highly acclaimed researchers? Do you want to contribute to making KU Leuven’s expertise and innovative technologies available to society? KU Leuven Research & Development (LRD) builds bridges between science and industry. By transferring knowledge and technologies to society and the marketplace, LRD advances the impact of research results on the lives of people around the globe. LRD has a strong tradition of collaborating with industry, securing and licensing intellectual property rights, creating spin-off companies and stimulating knowledge-driven regional development. LRD supports researchers throughout the entire knowledge and technology transfer process and helps them to best leverage the societal and economic potential of their research. Ranked as Europe’s most innovative university by Thomson Reuters in 2016, 2017 and 2018, KU Leuven has an enormous potential of developing new groundbreaking innovations. You can help to maximize the societal benefit of these innovations together with nearly 100 enthusiastic colleagues. https://lrd.kuleuven.be/en
You manage a portfolio of research groups to translate their academic work. This includes:
- assessing the market potential of inventions;
- advising and supporting research groups in applying for and managing projects aimed at valorisation;
- determining a protection strategy for research results and following up the patent proceedings, together with our patent experts;
- identifying industrial partners;
- coordinating, negotiating and contracting the deal terms with companies and other partners, where appropriate together with the colleagues of our legal department.
- You have obtained a degree (preferably a Ph.D.) in pharmaceutical sciences, (bio-)engineering sciences, or (bio-)medical sciences,or in a related domain. Experience in knowledge transfer is an asset.
- You have a hands-on mindset, you are flexible and stress resistant, and able to meet deadlines.
- You are interested in the legal aspects of knowledge transfer and are willing to quickly get up to speed in the domain of intellectual property.
- You are a team player actively seeking the added valueof interaction with your colleagues.
- You are eager to learn more about new scientific matter. You are keen to expand your scientific horizon outside your current field and enjoy the challenge of working with cutting edge research.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, or you are fluent in English and willing to learn to speak and write Dutch.
A full time job (80% is also possible) of indefinite duration right in the heart of Leuven. We provide training opportunities.
The possibility to be closely involved and assume responsibilities in the exploitation of research results of our research groups.
For more information please contact Mr. Sammy Brié, tel.: +32 16 37 37 24.
You can apply for this job no later than January 04, 2019 via the online application tool : http://www.kuleuven.be/eapplyingforjobs/light/54936052
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.