Research and Enterprise
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK and Ireland with over 24,000 students, 4,200 staff and an annual turnover of some £300m. We offer generous terms and conditions of employment underpinned by excellent benefits including attractive well-being, family friendly and other lifestyle benefits.
Our five core values - Integrity, Connected, Ambition, Respect, Excellence - are shared by our staff and students, representing the expectations we have for ourselves and each other, guiding our day-to-day decisions and the way we behave as individuals in an international organisation.
Reporting to the Head of Business Alliance, the post holder is responsible for establishing and developing strategic relationships and partnerships between the University and the business community, with a specific focus upon Health Sciences research. The role will seek to identify collaborative research opportunities, provide support to academic staff in working with external funders regionally and nationally, and lead initiatives to facilitate increased and improved business collaboration.
You will be developing strategically important relationships with key stakeholders from the business community regionally, nationally and internationally. You will be working closely with those stakeholders from the Health Sciences sectors, to develop strategies for collaborative research activities, using a depth of discipline-related knowledge
The successful candidate must have:
• An honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area e.g. Biomedical Sciences, Pharmacy, Biochemistry.
• Experience of working within an experimental or developmental research environment.
• At least 3 years relevant experience of managing relationships and project management in a collaborative context within the Health Sciences sector.
• Experience of working with the business community and personal responsibility for ensuring socio-economic outcomes are delivered.
• Practical experience of compiling grant/contract bids and the processes involved.
• Evidence of strong interpersonal and networking skills with ability to relate to and influence internal and external stakeholders.
Further information about the Directorate can be found at - http://www.qub.ac.uk/Research/
Salary scale: £41,526 to £51,034 per annum
Closing date: Friday 11 October 2019
Anticipated interview date: Friday 6 November 2019
For full job details and criteria please see the Candidate Information link on our website by clicking ‘apply’. You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria when you submit your application. For further information please contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email email@example.com .
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. We welcome applications from all sections of society and particularly from people with a disability.