Business Alliance Manager (Health Sciences)
Research and Enterprise
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK and Ireland, with a distinguished heritage and history. With over 24,000 students, 3,700 staff and an annual turnover of some £300m, Queen’s University Belfast plays a unique leadership role in Northern Ireland. As a member of the Russell Group of UK research-intensive universities, Queen’s University Belfast combines excellence in research and education with a student centred ethos.
Reporting to the Head of Business Alliance, the post holder is responsible for establishing and developing strategic relationships and partnerships between the University and the business community, with a specific focus upon Health Sciences research. The role will seek to identify collaborative research opportunities, provide support to academic staff in working with external funders regionally and nationally, and lead initiatives to facilitate increased and improved business collaboration.
The Business Alliance team plays an important role in connecting Queen’s researchers with partners in business, and developing projects that will allow Queen’s expertise to be applied to industry’s key challenges. The role involves working daily with teams carrying out world-leading research, and with companies developing innovative products and services. The role also involves representing Queen’s with stakeholders promoting innovation at a regional, national and international level.
Our five core values (Integrity, Connected, Ambition, Respect, Excellence) have been developed by staff and students. They express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation.
The successful candidate will have:
• An honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area e.g. Biomedical Sciences, Pharmacy, Biochemistry.
• Experience of working within an experimental or developmental research environment.
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience of managing relationships and project management in a collaborative context within the Health Sciences sector.
• Experience of working with the business community and personal responsibility for ensuring socio-economic outcomes are delivered.
• Practical experience of compiling grant/contract bids and the processes involved.
• Evidence of strong interpersonal and networking skills with ability to relate to and influence internal and external stakeholders.
Further information about the Directorate can be found at http://www.qub.ac.uk/Research/
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 29 May 2019
Salary scale: £40,792 - £50,132 per annum (potential to progress to £53,175 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Monday 20 May 2019
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link by clicking apply. You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria on your application form. For further information or assistance contact The Resourcing Team, People and Culture, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on email@example.com
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.