Analyst Manager (Please note that internally this role is known as Cancer Analyst Manager)
Location: Stratford based (1-2 days per week in the office)
Salary: £40,000 p.a.
Permanent, Full time (would consider 0.8FTE or a job share for the right candidate/s)
Are you passionate about using data to make a difference? Join us and develop your person and project management, data interpretation and communication skills to manage a team providing knowledge and intelligence to help the public and patients.
Cancer Research UK leads the way in providing engaging, evidence-based and up-to-date information about cancer. Every day we achieve extraordinary things by being innovative, imaginative and bold. Statistics have never been more vital. Here in our Cancer Intelligence Team, we provide and communicate authoritative statistics and analysis, to inform, inspire and raise awareness of cancer and Cancer Research UK. Our team’s vision is that by making use of and shaping the available evidence, we will prevent more, diagnose earlier, and more effectively treat cancer to beat cancer sooner.
What will you be doing?
We’re looking for a driven and self-starting individual to…
- Manage a pool of Analysts (could in time include some Senior Analysts) to deliver projects across a range of CRUK priority areas and analytical techniques, through matrix working with subject-specific managers covering prevention, general epidemiology, early diagnosis, and treatment.
- Prioritise projects in collaboration with subject-specific managers, taking into account business need, Analysts’ professional development, and need to share skills across the team.
Why this role?
Now we need a Cancer Analyst Manager to help maintain our position as one of the leading providers of cancer statistics in the UK. As a Cancer Analyst Manager, you’ll lead your team of Analysts/Senior Analysts to source, create and present high-quality statistical information and intelligence to a wide audience, including commissioners, policy makers, health professionals and researchers.
Who we’re looking for…
You can help us bring forward the day when all cancers are cured through your…
- Experience of matrix management of projects, people management, and project delivery in an analytical or statistical environment
- Proven track record of building and nurturing highly effective relationships with a diverse range of colleagues and stakeholders
- Ability to manage your own workload and hold self and others accountable for delivery of projects and activity, using your problem-solving skills and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate complex statistical data into messaging for varied audiences.
- Degree in statistical or epidemiological-related field or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of health statistics and analytical techniques, and an understanding of the use of (though not necessarily ability to use oneself) databases, advanced Excel, SQL, STATA, R or similar.
You’ll quickly develop the knowledge needed to provide information and make decisions, to tight deadlines and with confidence. You’ll support your team to bring structure to a range of problems, extract the key issues and present their findings clearly and concisely. You’ll be a strong communicator who we can rely on to represent our team within Cancer Research UK and beyond.
If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling role as we work hard to beat cancer sooner.