EIT Food has been leading change in the European food system since its launch 2018. We are driving a fresh approach to consumer-centred innovation, education, and business creation, delivered together with a diverse set of partners: established industry, research organisations , SMEs, and start-ups.
EIT Food is currently undertaking a scheduled review of its overall strategy. The permanent regional Director for our North-West Europe area is leading on that strategy activity, and this new temporary role is being recruited to ensure the region maintains strong, outcome-focused leadership during this period.
We anticipate the Acting Director role will continue until end March 2021, with the potential for continuation depending on future funding and organisational needs after the strategy exercise concludes.
The Acting Director for the North West CLC (Co-Location Centre) will steer and lead the EIT Food team and partnership based in the NW CLC region (UK, Ireland, and Iceland). The aim is to develop our regional activities in line with strategic objectives, delivering tangible results in partnership growth and securing regional funding income for innovation and entrepreneurship activities in line with EIT Food priorities.
There will be significant planning and delivery coordination with other CLC Directors and Management Board colleagues at EIT Food level to define, create and grow maximum synergies and opportunities for collaboration and impact from our activities.
General Management & Business Administration
- Line management and coordination of:
- A small regional support team (Partnerships & Funding Manager; Communications & Engagement Officer; Admin support; outsourced accounts/ book-keeping service)
- A team of 4 managers responsible for overseeing activities across pan-European programmes in Education, Business Creation, Innovation and Communications. Although employed in the North West Region, these staff also report to EIT Food area leaders for overall strategic direction and alignment.
- Project budget(s) & expenditure management (c.€1m per year)
- Reporting and monitoring of activities, as required to fulfil EIT Food and funder obligations.
Communications & Stakeholder Management
- Member of the EIT Food Management Team, plus associated task & strategy groups.
- Responsible for delivery of an effective outreach & engagement strategy for EIT Food in the region, building value and credibility in the EIT Food brand within the local food eco-system.
- Building strong relationships at CEO & Board level with CLC partners and stakeholders.
- Central point of contact for all CLC partners, central EIT Food colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Organising collaboration and networking activities and events in the region.
- Network building across the CLC region, identifying new (co)funding opportunities and undertaking strategic recruitment of suitable new partners.
Post holder may be required to undertake other duties, broadly in line with the key responsibilities outlined above.
- Relevant academic degree - essential.
- Masters level or higher degree in a relevant food, business, professional or science discipline or equivalent professional experience/qualifications - desirable.
- Strong experience in development and implementation of innovation / business strategies in interaction with universities, industry, and research institutes.
- Food industry innovation / business management with at least six years of experience in managing innovation activities.
- Experience in development and implementation of innovation activities in interaction with universities, industry, and research institutes.
- Proven ability to lead a team of professional & support staff.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management and raising funds.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in international collaboration.
- Experience of working with EU or other public project funding will be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in Business Development / pitching of complex services & value propositions, preferably to the Public Sector, will be an advantage.
- A confident network builder, with experience in the food industry.
- Team worker with excellent leadership and communication skills that can operate on a strategic level with national partners as well as with other EIT Food members.
- Excellent personal leadership and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and public relations skills.
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious, and self-motivating in delivering outcomes towards personal and organisational objectives.
- Strategic and business-minded with strong commercial acumen.
- Ability to inspire others to act and think creatively in overcoming barriers to innovation.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Andy Zynga (CEO of EIT Food): email@example.com
Andrew Carlin (Director of Strategic Programmes): firstname.lastname@example.org (+44 7917 055846)
Please email a CV and application letter to email@example.com in English, outlining how your skills and experience meeting the qualifications of the position. Please title your email: “Job Application CLC NW Acting Director”
Deadline for submission: Midnight (BST), Tuesday 7th July 2020. Interviews to be held by videoconference soon after.