AHSS Networking meeting
Join colleagues across Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences business engagement, research and knowledge transfer, commercialisation, and everything in between for an afternoon of discussion. Held twice a year, these events enable staff from across the PraxisAuril member network to meet and discuss topics of importance affecting the landscape of engagement.
Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019
Venue: The University of Manchester's Sackville Street Building - F37 room (number 1 on map).
Enter from Granby Row, use the lift to floor F and the room is the fourth door on the right.
Wednesday 20 November
- 12:00-13:00 Registration & Lunch
- 13:00-13:15 Welcome, Introductions, Prep for Breakout Groups, Praxis-Auril SIG Update
- 13:15-13:45 Presentations from colleagues
- Jane Kavanagh-Lauridsen (University of Southampton) – Sector Scoping Events at Southampton
- James Sharp (Birmingham) - “Consumer behaviour research with P&G: an up and down story”
- Julian Jantke (University of Bristol) - Case study
- 13:45-14:15 Quickfire Talks: “Successes and disasters” (Speakers TBC) – Share your war stories and learn from your peers
- Clare Sowney (Edinburgh) - Update on Case Study project
- 14:15-14:45 Break
- 14:45-15:15 Update from AHRC: Tao-Tao, Update from ESRC: Melanie Knetch
- 15:15-16:00 Lessons and Challenges – Facilitated Breakout Groups - “if you could have a 45 minute lesson on something, what would it be?”
- 16:00-16:15 Wrap-up & Close
- 18:00 (or earlier!) – Join us for drinks at the Gasworks Brewery -
An evening social will be arranged for those who wish to join, details to follow.
The organising group for the AHSS network currently comprises:
- Andy Newnham – University of Birmingham
- Andrew Wray – Bristol University
- Anne Sofie Laegran – University of Edinburgh
- Britta Wyatt – Oxentia Ltd
- Bruce Ethrington – Cardiff University
- Isla Millar – University of Warwick
- Mark Mann – Oxford University
This meeting of the AHSS SIG has been coordinated to coincide with the ASPECT’s Network’s (inaugural) Annual Event: Better Business for People & Planet - Bridging Research & Industry.
The Aspect event is taking place on Thursday 21 November at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Manchester. This 1-day event is free to attend, but places are limited, and separate registration is required.
For more information about ASPECT and to register for the ASPECT event as well, please visit here.
60 Sackville Street
Manchester, M1 3WE
Event terms and conditions