Receive £50 reduction in the course fee* for the New Venture Creation 2 (Launching a spin-out company) if you book this course. *Applies to 2018 course only
Is this course right for me?
- It would be of particular benefit to people with little practical experience of company formation, aiming to explore when this might make sense from a range of different stakeholder perspectives. It enables delegates to develop practical skills in selecting appropriate opportunities, developing a compelling value proposition, testing the market, and pitching. It also deals with managing the basic administrative aspects of company formation. So it’s likely to be of most value for those who are developing their case management skills and looking to embrace this aspect of KT
- Those who have attended a PraxisAuril ‘core’ course (e.g. Fundamentals of Technology Transfer or Research Contracts) might find this to be a valuable next step, especially if they are seeking to develop practical hand-on skills in how to determine whether projects are suitable for new company formation and when to start a new company
- Delegates might have significant experience in TT/KT, but little practical experience of new venture formation and may be looking to kick start this activity in their institution
- The course is an ideal primer for NVC2 which deals with these issues in greater detail and gives additional insight in how to form a high-growth company with VC finance.
Why should I attend this course?
- Company creation is a key element in the mix of instruments that allow Universities to deliver impact from their funding inputs and research outputs
- Forming new companies can be a key enabler of developing new technologies and priming them for the market place, and a key tool for the knowledge transfer professional
- It can facilitate economic benefits including a financial return to inventors and their institutions whilst creating new jobs and services of benefit to the local economy and beyond
- New ventures may enjoy symbiotic relationships with their parent institutions investing in further University research and securing rights to develop arising IP
- There is increasing expectation that Universities and research institutes should be skilled at setting up actively managing their relationships with new ventures companies
- Supporting new venture creation can be a challenging and immersive experience. This course gives a framework for knowing when to embrace this exciting challenge
What will I learn from the course?
- Define what success in new venture creation looks like from a range of stakeholder perspectives
- It looks at how to recognise and select opportunities to develop new companies and build compelling value propositions
- It explores basic business models and how to choose between them
- It de-bunks market testing and building an effective business proposition
- It explores how to develop a pitch to win senior management support
- It deals with the basic administrative aspects of company formation
- It is a springboard for NVC2.
Delegates will have the opportunity to hear from business development practitioners and those with corporate and venture capital experience. There will also be ample opportunity for networking with other delegates, the course team and other contributors.
PLEASE NOTE: There may be a requirement for delegates to undertake some pre-course work/reading before the course begins.
What makes this course different to others available in the sector?
PraxisAuril is able to deliver this training from the unique perspective of KE practitioners. We see the world from the same angle as you do! We draw on a wide pool of experience and expertise from within the profession and build them into the course content, ensuring we are always delivering up to date, sector leading training and development.
The course has been updated in light of feedback from last time, to ensure that it continues to meet the needs of each of our delegates. The highly participative and interactive programme uses a new range of interactive techniques to engage delegates in an immersive, memorable and enjoyable learning experience.
20% discount on group bookings
Make a 20% saving on course fees by registering five or more delegates from your organisation for this event.
The course fee includes:
- Attendance at all lectures and workshops
- Training and reference materials (electronic or otherwise)
- Registration event (including buffet dinner & drinks*) on Monday 10 September 2018
- Morning and afternoon refreshments, and lunch on Tuesday 11 September 2018
* Please note that there is no reduction in the course fee if you choose not to attend the registration event.
7 ATTP Points
10th September 2018 - 11th September
|Course fee (members £450.00)||£ 550.00|