This online course is expected to run in May 2021, with exact dates to be confirmed. Please register your interest in attending by completing the online form ('Register Your Interest'). If you cannot see the button, please ensure you have logged in or created an account at the top of the page first.
You will be contacted once the dates are confirmed and places will then be allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis.
This form is to register your interest in the course only and is not confirmation a place has been allocated to you.
Courses will run over a number of sessions during the time period indicated. The confirmed dates will be issued shortly.
Event Costs (for online delivery)
Member Price - £291
Non-member Price - £417
Prices are not VAT applicable and reflect the total cost.
Delegate spaces will be limited on each course delivery. The smaller cohorts will help ensure you are able to make the most of the materials and the sessions. Places will be offered on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Is this course right for me?
This course is designed for someone new to supporting venture creation
Delegates will most likely be working in a higher education and public sector research environment but may also be from incubators or accelerators who support new venture creation.
It will enable the delegate to make a critical and supportive assessment of a new venture opportunity and advise next steps to be considered.
Is this course right for me?
- It would be of particular benefit to people with little practical experience of company formation, aiming to explore when this might make sense from a range of different stakeholder perspectives.
- It’s likely to be of most value for those who are supporting students or academics or new entrepreneurs who are starting new ventures, or wanting to know when to refer people to those in the institution who can.
- It enables delegates to develop practical skills in assessing opportunities, developing a compelling value proposition, testing the market, and identifying the next steps.
- Delegates might have significant experience in TT/KT or KE, but little practical experience of new venture formation and may be looking to take the first steps in assessing and supporting new venture opportunities.
- The course is an ideal primer for NVC2 which deals with these issues in greater detail and gives additional insight in how to form a high-growth company with VC finance.
Why is New Venture Creation important?
- Forming new companies can be a key enabler of developing new technologies and priming them for the market place, and a key tool for the knowledge transfer professional.
- It can facilitate economic benefits including a financial return to inventors and their institutions whilst creating new jobs and services of benefit to the local economy and beyond.
- New ventures may enjoy symbiotic relationships with their parent institutions investing in further research and securing rights to develop arising IP.
- There is increasing expectation that universities and research institutes should be skilled at setting up actively managing their relationships with new ventures companies.
- Company creation is a key element in the mix of instruments that allow universities to deliver impact from their funding inputs and research outputs.
- Supporting new venture creation can be a challenging and immersive experience. This course gives a framework for knowing whether to embrace this exciting challenge.
What will I learn from the course?
Delegates completing the course will be able to:
- Understand what makes a good opportunity for a new venture
- Assess and improve new business proposals
- Develop a value proposition
- Analyse views of stakeholders
- Explore and choose the most relevant business model
- Articulate the opportunities and challenges of the business proposal.
Delegates will have the opportunity to hear from new venture development practitioners and those with corporate and venture capital experience. There will also be opportunity for networking with other delegates, the course team and other contributors.
This course acts as a springboard for New Venture Creation 2 - Making it Happen.
PLEASE NOTE: There may be a requirement for delegates to undertake some pre-course work/reading before the course begins.
What makes this course different to others available in the sector?
PraxisAuril is able to deliver this training from the unique perspective of KE practitioners. We see the world from the same angle as you do! We draw on a wide pool of experience and expertise from within the profession and build them into the course content, ensuring we are always delivering up to date, sector leading training and development.
The course has been updated in light of feedback from last time, to ensure that it continues to meet the needs of each of our delegates. The highly participative and interactive programme uses a new range of interactive techniques to engage delegates in an immersive, memorable and enjoyable learning experience.
Event terms and conditions